February 7, 2011
Just when you thought all the fancy dress parties were finished for the winter after New Year’s Eve, February and Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. This is an excellent time to have a night on the town with that special someone.
Valentine’s Day is February 14, and this year (2011) it falls on a weekday, so it might be a good idea to plan your celebration the weekend prior. This will help give you time to put together a great look without being stressed by having to dress and make up quickly after a long day at work.
Here are some tips to create a sexy look that will fire up your valentine and turn heads while you’re out on your date.
Men can be funny when it comes to your hair. If you want his honest opinion, he will tell you that he likes you the way you are, and he likes your hair the way you wear it everyday. So he may not understand why you’re spending so much time at the salon or in the bathroom for one night out. But as any good valentine knows, when your hair looks fabulous, you feel fabulous, and that makes your special date that much more fun.
Some of this winter’s sexy hairstyles include:
- Messy styles: These are ones that can be done at home in a pinch, especially for women with longer hair. Messy curls and waves are in, where the hair is in a straight plat, ending in loose curls and waves. Messy buns are in as well, where the hair is divided into thirds, and brought up to the back of the head, and bobby-pinned almost blindly.
- Bobs: For women with shorter hair, bobbed styles are in this season. Whether it’s a severe cut or a pixie look, there’s a look that’s in that fits every face shape.
- Medium goes both ways: Medium-length hairstyles are trending two ways this season. A completely straight look is an easy way to get a clean look, while the messy curl is also a great look as well.
photo © 2008 Lauren Close | more info (via: Wylio)Finding that one great dress can feel better than receiving a dozen roses from that someone special. Even better when you can couple that perfect outfit with a special night out for Valentine’s Day. Consider these tips when choosing your look:
- That little black dress: Some may say that the little black dress is too boring for a Valentine’s dinner. That’s not true at all. Especially when money’s tight, accessorizing that little black dress can make you look stunning. The dress can be a pallet to build around, especially since drabs and neutrals are already in this season. The black dress can be paired this season with hip color pops, such as neon nails or bold red lips. It can also be the perfect backdrop for trendy jewelry, since big, colorful and chunky are all in this year.
- Floor-length is good: Dresses and skirts are down to the floor this year, and that’s great news for women of all body shapes. If your Valentine’s date is going to an exclusive restaurant, why not consider a floor-length gown. Long dresses can still have some sexy trappings – a slit up the side of the leg, no sleeves, or deep V-necks – that spice your outfit up without showing too much skin.
- Red dresses: There are a ton of red dresses that can make any body style look good. But beware: You will need to exude confidence when wearing such a bold color. A woman in red will stand out and be noticed, even on a night like Valentine’s Day when many other people will wear the color. Make sure you’re ready to rock if you choose this color.
A few reminders
There are a couple of things you should keep in mind when trying to achieve a sexy look for Valentine’s Day:
Play dress-up, but not in a costume. Wearing a shirt with hearts all over it or with cartoon characters is great to send your little girl to school on Valentine’s Day, but it’s not appropriate for a woman, especially in an office setting. You don’t look cute like that. You look silly.
Sexy does not mean trashy. Many young women (and a few older ones, too) forget that sexy does not mean dressing like a woman of the night. Exposing too much cleavage, wearing a skirt too high, or wearing too shear of an outfit is not flattering, and may make your man uncomfortable with other men ogling you for the wrong reasons. Keep the skimpy outfits for your private night together at home.
Going all out
Treating yourself to a spa experience before your big date can set the tone for the entire evening. A relaxing facial, manicure, or pedicure will make you feel pampered long before you meet your valentine. Phagans is offering Valentine’s Day specials during February to keep the love in the air. Call the Phagans salon nearest you for more information today.