Phagans | School of Hair Design
Financial aid is available to those who qualify!
Do you have a love of hair? Is your Pinterest board filled with updo styles and the hottest fashion colors? Consider an education in hair design! The Hair Design program at Phagans School of Hair Design was created to cover all things hair and help you prepare for a future full of hair colors, styles, and cuts. What future have you been dreaming of?
Here are a few things that our curriculum covers:
- Hair Color (hot trends like balayage, fashion colors, and more!)
- Perming (oh baby, these curls are in!)
- Relaxing (sleek, shiny, and straight is a classic.)
- Haircutting (chop it like it’s hot.)
- Hairstyling (updos, wedding styles, and intricate designs.)
- State Testing Preparation (practice BEFORE you sit for the exam.)
- Teamwork Skills (there’s no I in team.)
- Salon Expectations (what will you accomplish after graduation? Find out how to succeed in a salon!)
- How to Open Your Own Salon (you’re the boss. Learn how to run your own business.)
Not only do we strive to provide technical education for our students, but we want to expose our students to what life would be like after graduation. Our students can work alongside peers who have the same goals they do, learn from talented, professional instructors, and take advantage of the curriculum we’ve spent so much time perfecting.
Theory, practice, and on-the-job skills are all important elements in any beauty school education. At Phagans School of Hair Design, we know that our students feel more prepared the more they learn about the beauty industry. That’s why our educators are up to date on the latest trends, techniques, and styles.
The Hair Design program can be a great fit for someone who has always loved styling, cutting, and doing hair. If you have a clear vision for your future, this specialized program might be the right career move for you! Let Phagans School of Hair Design help you get your start!
Your Future in Hair
Our Hair Design Program can be completed in as little as 11 months if taken during the day and just 16 months if taken during the evening!
Hair can be a career! There are so many potential places of work for someone with a Hair Design education. Here are a few you might consider:
- A Family Hair Salon
- Product Education
- Your Own Business
- Hair Specialty Salons
- Hair and Beauty Blogger
- Hair Social Media Influencer
- To qualify to take the Oregon State Board of Barber and Hairdressers National written exam, which covers the subjects of hair design, shampooing, thermal styling, hair shaping, hair color, and chemical retexturizing.
- To identify scalp diseases and disorders.
- To perform tasks of Hair Design in a proficient manner that will support the graduate in employment.
- To have an awareness of personal self worth, pride and professionalism.
Units of Instruction
|Shampooing, Rinses, Conditioners & Draping||50|
|Properties & Disorders of Scalp & Hair||50|
|Hair Color / Chemical Services||400|
|Cutting, Trimming, Beard & Mustache & Shaving||15|
|Implements & Equipment||20|
|Chemistry & Anatomy & Physiology||30|
|Safety & Sanitation||150|
|Total Training Hours||1,700|
MILADY’S STANDARD COSMETOLOGY
MILADY STANDARD COSMETOLOGY
2016, 13th EDITION
ISBN 13: 978-1-2857-6941-7
2016, 13th EDITION
ISBN 13: 978-1-2857-6945-5
2016, 13th EDITION
ISBN 13: 978-1-2857-6955-4
|A||90% to 100%||Superior|
|B||80% to 89%||Execellent|
|C||75% to 79%||Satisfactory|
|F||74% or less||Unsatisfactory|
Safety & Sani.
|H + E + N||1,450||250||350||150||100||2,300|
|H + E||1,450||250||-||150||100||1,950|
|H + N||1,450||-||350||150||100||2,050|
|E + N||-||250||350||150||100||850|