Phagans | School of Hair Design
A Phagans barbering education is designed to help our passionate students sit for the the Oregon state board. Further, many of our students aspire to be businesspeople, and we strive to equip them with the skills necessary to be successful after graduation. Some of these skills include:
- Hair and its associated structures
- Hair and scalp diseases
- Sculpting or cutting
- Styling (wet and thermal)
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Much more
When you are a licensed barber, you can make a career fit for your lifestyle! We do everything we can to inspire our students to reach for their goals and help them along the way.
Phagans graduates have found rewarding employment in many different branches of the beauty industry. Career paths that you can pursue once you become a certified professional include:
- Product representative
- Platform artist
- Freelance hair designer
- Barbershop owner
You don’t need to settle for a job when you can build the career of your dreams in the beauty industry. If any of these possible career options are appealing to you, reach out to us. We can help you get the training you need to pursue them!
- To qualify to take the Health Licensing Office written exam that covers the subjects of hair shaping (cutting), hair design, shampooing, and styling.
- To identify scalp diseases and disorders.
- To perform tasks of Barbering in a proficient manner that will support the graduate in employment.
- To have an awareness of personal self worth, pride and professionalism.
Units of Instruction
|Shampooing, Rinses, Conditioners & Draping||50|
|Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology||30|
|Hair Shaping (cutting)||500|
|Implements & Equipment||25|
|Skin & Scalp Disorders||40|
|Cutting, Trimming, Beard & Mustache & Shaving||50|
|Safety & Sanitation||150|
|Total Training Hours||1,350|
2011, 6th edition
ISBN 13: 978-1-4354-9715-3
2011, 6TH EDITION
ISBN 13: 978-4354-9713-9
BARBERING EXAM REVIEW
2011, 6th edition
ISBN 13: 978-1-4354-9712-2
|A||90% to 100%||Superior|
|B||80% to 89%||Execellent|
|C||75% to 79%||Satisfactory|
|F||74% or less||Unsatisfactory|
Safety & Sani.
|H + E + N||1,450||250||350||150||100||2,300|
|H + E||1,450||250||-||150||100||1,950|
|H + N||1,450||-||350||150||100||2,050|
|E + N||-||250||350||150||100||850|